Last week we had reported a handful of hot fixes were being released for Borderlands 2. This week, Gearbox is back at it with four more hot fixes for the game. Hot fixes are applied at the “Press Start” menu of the game if you are connected to the internet; they are not kept permanently on your hard drive and are used to address issues between major updates. These hot fixes are:
- Commando’s Rifleman, Gunner and Shock Trooper class mods now correctly increase kill skill bonuses.
- Increased Shock Spike shield damage by addressing issue where it was not being calculated properly.
- Clients are now able to see explosions caused by Norfleets in multiplayer.
- Thermitage (Sir Hammerlock DLC) is now friendlier and will no longer refuse to come play with some players.
We will keep you informed if any updates are pushed out or if more hot fixes are released.
Today there are some hot fixes going out for Borderlands 2 on the PC, PS3 and 360 systems. These fixes take care of five issues that the community has wanted fixed for quite some time. These fixes are listed below:
- Adjusted Mechromancer’s Sweetheart class mod to correctly increase team health.
- Assassin’s “Slayer of Terramorphous” class mod no longer includes Gunzerker skill bonus.
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Critical hits against Midgets now register properly.
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete’s Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.
- Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage : Torgue vending machines can now stock up to level 50 legendary weapons.
According to the Gearbox Software website a hot fix is applied at the “Press Start” screen of Borderlands 2 when connected to the internet. They are temporary fixes for issues between major updates and are stored in memory during the game session and are lost once you are done playing the game. Whereas an update is downloaded onto your system and is only needed to be downloaded once.