This week we see a mix of Team Doubles, the introduction of Forge maps into regular playlists, as well as the introduction Infinity CTF to Capture the Flag.
NEW PLAYLIST – TEAM DOUBLES
Team Doubles is a playlist consisting of four players, two players on two teams, it was a popular playlist in both Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo: Reach.
Team Doubles will feature three gametypes at launch:
- Infinity Doubles – a revised version of Infinity Slayer for Team Doubles, the Score to Win is 300 instead 600 and personal ordnance choices are tweaked for Doubles play.
- Doubles Pro – this gametype feature pre-set loadouts (listed below), personal ordnance, instant respawn and radar are disabled. Just like Infinity Doubles, it is 300 points to win.
- Loadout 1 – DMR, Magnum, No AA, Resupply
- Loadout 2 – Battle Rifle, Magnum, No AA, Resupply
- Loadout 3 – LightRifle, Magnum, No AA, Resupply
- Loadout 4 – Carbine, Magnum, No AA, Resupply
- CTF Doubles – a revised version of Capture the Flag, designed for Doubles play.
- The flag has a 15 second respawn time
- The flag will reset in three seconds if someone is near it
- The flag does NOT need to be at home to score
- 5 flag captures will win the game
As of now, only these maps have been confirmed to be in Team Doubles, keep in mind these are modified variants designed with Doubles in mind:
Capture the Flag changes
Infinity Capture the Flag is the exact same as the regular Capture the Flag variant, but with personal ordnance enabled, it still takes 70 points to get one personal ordnance, meaning a flag capture will yield you an ordnance instantly.
The following maps have been added to Capture the Flag:
- Relay (forge map)
The following maps have special gametypes assigned to them where the flag reset time will be 15 seconds:
TWO NEW SPECIALIZATIONS UNLOCKED
The final two Specializations are being unlocked to all players who haven’t got early access.
- Rogue – Spartan optimization for single-operative missions which require a lone Spartan to be deployed on their own for incredibly long durations of time, even years if required. The Stability armor mod allows users to increase their aiming stability when being fired upon.
- Tracker – Spartan optimization for long-range target tracking (trans-continent and off-world), particularly in scenarios where conventional tracking has failed or such a substantial time has passed that the trail has gone cold. The Requisition armor mod allows users the ability to recall their own ordnance requests in order to acquire more helpful weapons in the field.
Spartan Ops Updates
This week, Episode 8 of Spartan Ops will be replacing Episode 7 in the Spartan Ops hoppers this week.
The following chapters will be available this week:
- Unfinished Business on Apex
- Majestic Rescue on Cyclone
- Lancer on Warrens
- Crystal Ball on Lockup
- Glassman on Control
Other various fixes & changes
This week, Community Forge Test will be removed from Matchmaking – it will return in the future with different maps to test for Forge.
Both SWAT & Team Regicide will be sticking around for another week.